Offwell Rangers net 10 in stroll at Bradninch
- Credit: Archant
Offwell Rangers leading scorer Dan Williams scored five times as the team won 10-0 at Bradninch in their latest Fresha League Division Seven game.
Ashley Trudgeon netted a hat-trick and other goals came from player-manager Scott Phillips and Ben Fullick.
A delighted Phillips said: “We dominated from the first whistle and this all-round performance strengthened the view that we are growing as a team week by week.”
There was no Man of the Match award presented to an individual. Phillips explained saying: “That’s because no single person warranted it more than then whole team together. Everybody put a terrific shift in.”
The win moves Rangers to within six points of top spot.
You may also want to watch:
Rangers are always keen to link up with new sponsors for each of their home games. Their last home match sponsor was Bests of Honiton and, as is tradition, they selected the Rangers Man of the Match – Tom Cligg,
Match sponsors at Rangers get their name of the match board by the entrance to the ground and get plenty of coverage through social media. They do also, of course, get invited to join the players post match for a beer!
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
Rangers player-boss Scott Phillips handles the sponsors and anyone interested can contact him via the clubs Facebook page.