Offwell Rangers win well at Pinhoe
- Credit: Archant
Offwell Rangers were 2-1 winners at Pinhoe in their latest Fresha League Division Seven game.
What made the victory all the more impressive was that the Exeter outfit sat second at the start of play and had scored 15 goals in their previous two outings!
Rangers made a flying start and controlled almost the entire first half.
They took a fifth minute lead when a well-flighted corner was tucked away by Dean Sluman. The advantage was soon doubled when Dan Williams, who worked tirelessly for the cause throughout the contest, crossed for captain Steve Curry to head home.
The two goal lead was carried through into half-time and, although the Pins halved the deficit after the break, Rangers, led by influential captain Curry, deservedly closed the game out to bank the points.
You may also want to watch:
Jake Phillips was the deserving recipient of the Man of the Match award, but all the players involved deserve big praise for a solid team performance.
A delighted Rangers boss Scott Phillips said: “We travelled under no illusions and figured it would be a tough task. That said we knew it would be tough but we have been working on our movement from set pieces and it paid off in this game.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
“We now sit sixth in the division, four points off of a promotion spot and knowing we’ve played all of the top teams away.
“We will not take anything for granted though and will continue to work hard at training to keep improving the team.”