Ollie Caute races home into first at Mrs E’s Big Wheeze event at Uplyme.
There was a new run on the circuit last Sunday – ‘Mrs E’s Big Wheeze’, a 10K multi terrain run based around Mrs Ethelston’s Primary School in Uplyme, writes Dave Mutter.
Uplyme was scenic, but challenging in places - the first mile was almost all uphill and the last 100m began gently up and finished very up.
The two’ish kilometre junior race round the playing fields, Mrs E’s Little Wheeze, was won by Ollie Caute in 5:46.
Adam Burrough was fifth in 6:43, Max Bowskill sixth in 7:03 and Matt Thurgood seventh in 7:08.
The Big Wheeze was won in 36:13 by Tim Hartley who happened to be on holiday in the area.
You may also want to watch:
This was a seriously impressive time since second-placed Matt Clist was nearly two minutes behind in 38:08. Tim Lenton was third in 39:34 after running at Haytor the night before, Rupert Pady 7th 44:16, Robin Britton 15th 47:36, Geoff Woodward 24th 52:55, Retro Reynolds 27th 53:37 and Siobhan Reddy 30th 57:45.
Thanks to Eleanor Wood, Janet Woodward, Garry Perratt and Paul Johns for helping out the organisers at this great new event.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond