Olliff stars as Honiton Rhinos share spoils with hosts Bridport
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Rhinos Under-9s showed real resilience to power back from three scores down to share 18 tries with hosts Bridport.
After an early home try, Eiran Enticott powered his way over to restore parity. Bridport scored again, but Rhinos were quickly level with Charlie Beer Bobby Perrett.
However, Bridport finished the half strongly and held a 5-3 lead at the break.
After the break the hosts extended their lead to make it 6-3, but a Harry Branch try reduced the lead only for Bridport to score their seventh.
Rhinos dug deep and, with tries from Sam Olliff, Beer and Perrett, the scores were once more level at 7-all.
You may also want to watch:
Once again Bridport edged ahead into what looked a match-winning 9-7 lead, but Rhinos were not to be denied and their efforts were rewarded with tries from Vernon and Perrett – the latter completing his hat-trick – left honours even.
Alex Palmer and Reuben Lidster, although not amongst the try scorers, played their parts with some terrific defending.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 7 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
The Rhinos Man of the Match award was presented to Sam Olliff for his persistence and strong tackling throughout the game.