Osborne cracker sees Honiton Town Under-8s to share of the spoils
Honiton Under-8s drew one and lost one in matches with Sidmouth Town teams.
In the first game against the Raiders Town Honiton fell behind early on and, on a very cold morning, that proved to be the only goal of the first half.
After the break a tremendous ball from Liam Osborne set up Harry Smith to fire home the equaliser.
The Raiders then regained the lead, but Honiton deservedly made sure of share of the spoils when Harry Smith, named the Town Man of the Match, rifled home a superb goal with Osborne once again the provider.
Jamie Salter and Ben Motram battled well throughout the game.
You may also want to watch:
Honiton then took on a strong Warriors side and were well off the pace in a one-side first half that saw them go in 4-0 down!
Had it not been for some terrific work by Peter Osborne and Bailey Williams the half-time deficit could have been much greater.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 7 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
After the break Honiton looked much more like their usual confident selves. With Isaac Lidster and Jack Bevan working really hard they shipped just one more goal before bagging a late consolation when Player of the Day, Liam Osborne, struck a venomous free-kick beyond the Raiders keeper.
Honiton boss Garry Osborne said: “These boys have come a long way in a short time and I’m very proud with the way they approached this game in what were very cold conditions. No one gave up and so it’s well played to everyone who took part.”