Otters run continues but they stay clear in second.
It is now just one win in seven for Ottery St Mary after they were forced to settle for a losing draw at home to Feniton.
The visitors batted first and closed on 228-9 with Rob Johns, Mark Woodman and young Sam Loud, each bagging a brace of wickets.
The reply was led by Sam Tennent with a sparkling 69, skipper Jody Clements (32), Ed Fowler (27) and Rob Johns (21no); all made contributions as the Otters closed on 194-7.
Ottery now hold a thirty point lead in second place with four to play and they begin their run-in with Saturday’s trip to Plymouth Civil Service and Roborough after which they host Ipplepen and Whimple and then complete their campaign with a last day visit to Whitchurch.
Ottery II were four wicket winners in a low scoring affair at Cornwood III where they bowled the hosts out for 91 and then won the game with four wickets in hand.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday the Otters, who lead the table by five points from Ipplepen II; will have promotion to the B Division confirmed if they beat visiting Plymouth Civil Service and Roborough II.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone