Pemberton nets six as Honiton U8s hit goal trail
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Under-8s were in fine form as they were unbeaten in their four matches against teams from Ottery St Mary, West Hill Wasps and Sidmouth Town in a morning of Exeter and District Youth League football.
First up, the young Hippos beat Ottery 5-1 with Alfie Lloyd scoring a hat-trick and Tao Wallace netting a double.
The second game was a much closer affair and ended 2-2. In this contest the Honiton youngsters showed great character for they were behind twice before sharing the spoils. Josh Griffiths scored the first of their goals and the second was struck by Carson Sellick on his debut with the assist coming from Elouise Dean.
In their final two games, the goals came thick and fast as they first beat Sidmouth 7-1 with both Josh Welch and Ed Newcombe scoring hat-tricks while the other goal was scored by Olly Beer.
Saving the most emphatic for last, they beat the other Sidmouth side 10-1 with Noah Pemberton scoring no fewer than six of the goals! The other scores came from Josh Griffiths (2), Tao Wallis and Dexter van Broom.
You may also want to watch:
There were great performances all round with notable shifts coming from Dexter van Broom and Alfie Lloyd, whilst mention must also be made of impressive first starts for the club from Toby Morrish and Dan Sabine.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone