Phil Collins plays the tune as Seaton win again
The Seaton promotion wagon gathered pace with a maximum points haul at home to bottom of the table Cockington.
Adding to the Court Lane feel good factor was news of defeat for the only team to sit above them Yelverton, beaten by six wickets at Filleigh, and next up for Ben Morgan and his side is a trip to Yelverton this Saturday!
Batting first at Court Lane, Nick Beedell was bowled moments after reaching his century and Mark Bray was 51 not out at the close with Seaton declaring on 235-4. Alex Hunt (25) and Beedell put on 105 for the opening wicket.
Phil Collins (5-30) and James Berry (3-48) then combined to bowl Cockington out for 120.
Skipper Ben Morgan said: “Once again we did what was required and it is very pleasing to see all areas of our game being executed in disciplined fashion. There’s no escaping just how big the trip to Yelverton is. If we can come back with a decent haul of points then it will set us up well for the run-in.”
You may also want to watch:
Seaton 2nds remain unbeaten after bagging an eighth win of the season with a two wicket triumph at Exeter Civil Service II.
Skipper Ian Hunt picked up 3-26 but the undoubted start of the bowling show was 14-year-old Tim Mitchell who claimed 4-18 as the hosts were bowled out for 127. Toby Tucker then hit 38 and Chris Aplin chipped in with 30 as Seaton got home with two wickets to spare.
- 1 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 2 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 8 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 9 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 10 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three