Pike stars as Olive blast sees Honiton Under-15s into next round of JG Memorial Cup
Honiton 3, Seaton Town 2 Honiton Town Under-15s won a thrilling cup tie to seal a berth in the next round of JG Memorial Cup.
After a two minutes silence it was Seaton that started the brighter and they took an early lead.
Honiton responded well and when Dylan King launched a counter-attack his cross was met by Blake Freemantle who found the back of the Seaton net.
Seaton came back, but got little change out of the organised defence of Matt Ayres, Kieran Pike and Oli Reed.
A slick three-player passing move set up Freemantle to score his second, but the scorer was later helped from the pitch with what looked like ligament damage to his knee.
You may also want to watch:
Substitute Ben Nursey took over and soon after Honiton made it 3-1 with a stunning goal!
The Seaton keeper launched a clearance up field and, when the ball fell to Tom Olive in his own half, he promptly thumped it back over the keeper and into the net! Seaton set up a frenetic finish with their second, but Honiton were not to be denied and saw the game out in some style.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 5 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Couple support hospital that cared for tragic grandson
- 10 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
Kieran Pike was named the Honiton Man of the Match.