Pike stars as Olive blast sees Honiton Under-15s into next round of JG Memorial Cup
Honiton 3, Seaton Town 2 Honiton Town Under-15s won a thrilling cup tie to seal a berth in the next round of JG Memorial Cup.
After a two minutes silence it was Seaton that started the brighter and they took an early lead.
Honiton responded well and when Dylan King launched a counter-attack his cross was met by Blake Freemantle who found the back of the Seaton net.
Seaton came back, but got little change out of the organised defence of Matt Ayres, Kieran Pike and Oli Reed.
A slick three-player passing move set up Freemantle to score his second, but the scorer was later helped from the pitch with what looked like ligament damage to his knee.
You may also want to watch:
Substitute Ben Nursey took over and soon after Honiton made it 3-1 with a stunning goal!
The Seaton keeper launched a clearance up field and, when the ball fell to Tom Olive in his own half, he promptly thumped it back over the keeper and into the net! Seaton set up a frenetic finish with their second, but Honiton were not to be denied and saw the game out in some style.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
Kieran Pike was named the Honiton Man of the Match.