Pike trikes as Honiton Town Reserves power back to top spot with Fluxton win
Honiton Town Reserves 3, Fluxton 2. Town’s second string returned to the top of the league with a hard fought home success.
Manager John Lewis was satisfied with the win, but sais: “There are still improvements to be made and we did get the rub of the green in this particular contest.”
He continued: “I am sure we will play better than this and get beaten! However, given that Fluxton finished second I then tale last season and we have now beaten them twice there are many more positives than negatives to take from this latest win.”
Town battled well against a very physically strong team and often got out-muscled. Charlie Lane, Stuart ‘Sid’ Mackay and Ryan Pike scored the goals.
There were some strong individual performances, most notably from Ryan Sellick, Mackay and skipper Joe Knight whilst Matty Urquhart put I an all-action shift.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday Town travel to fifth placed Priory.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax