Pinnock stars for Seaton Under-10s
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Under-10s had mixed fortunes on Saturday in their two Exeter and District League outings.
First up they went down 5-1 to Honiton Hornets.
However, the final score does not tell the whole story!
With a few minutes in a close contest remaining Seaton were 2-1 down, this after a sweet strike from Leo Gribble goal had halved the deficit.
A late third for Honiton saw the Seaton heads drop and two more were added to seal the Seaton fate.
You may also want to watch:
Obviously disappointed by that score line the Seaton players quickly regained their focus and delivered a fine all-round show in their next game against CS Lions.
George Gait calmly fired Seaton ahead just before half-time to send his team into the interval with the lead.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 10 How you can help your children keep up with studying
They held that until the last five minutes at which stage the Lions laid siege to the Seaton goal, but, all pulling together, a tremendous defensive effort saw Seaton hold that lead and close the game out in fine style.
The Player of the Morning award went to Christian Pinnock who worked tirelessly in midfield, tackling back and driving forward at every opportunity.