Pleased to see off Sherborne
Feniton men’s team defeated Ottery St Mary in the Section 3 final of the Foxlands competition by 45-29 and now move on to the Devon Quarter finals of this competition. The winning rinks were Martyn Eveleigh, Jim Skinner, Don Coyne and Tony Kury 25-12 and Ian Veitch, Alan Smith, Steve Dommett and Kevin Lovering 20-17. Well done, writes Roger Smith.
Congratulations are also due to Feniton’s mixed triples team of Ian Veitch, Ruby Veitch and Kevin Lovering who have progressed to the quarter finals of the Devon mixed triples competition, thanks to victories over teams from Honiton and Madeira.
In the County Trophy Competition Feniton lost to Seaton by 70-89, despite winning two of the four rinks. The winning rinks were Tony Young, Robin Cooke, Roger Smith and Kevin Lovering 31-16 and Eddie Cox, Jim Skinner, Andrew Evans and Tony Kury 20-18.
In the over-60s men’s triples league the A team suffered a narrow defeat away to North Tawton by 33-35. The winning rink was Stan Nevill, Alan Smith and Andrew Evans 23-13.The B team lost on both rinks away at Seaton by 18-52.
The men’s team lost a friendly match at Sidmouth by 64-75. The only winning rink was Frank Brooks, George Skinner, Roger Clarke and Ian Veitch 22-11.
You may also want to watch:
The weekend was given over to the ladies and men’s handicap competition. The Men’s competition was won by Robin Cooke who defeated Andrew Evans by 21-14.
The ladies’ final was a thrilling encounter between Ruby Veitch and Lyn Eveleigh. Ruby made an excellent come back after being 10-0, eventually winning by 23-24, strangely never having been ahead in the match.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis