Point-to-point from a bygone day - the 2009 meeting at Stafford Cross - picture special
- Credit: Archant
A look back in time to the Stafford Cross point-to-point meeting in 2009
The Covid-19 crisis has brought all manor of sporting events to a grinding halt in 2020.
Both the football and rugby seasons were cancelled with matches still to be played and their respective governing bodies came to different conclusions as to how to end their seasons.
With football, the 2019/20 season was made null and void and all results were expunged.
However, in the case of rugby, final league tables were determined by a system of ‘average points from matches played’.
You may also want to watch:
The 2020 point-to-point season also fell by the wayside and so we have trawled the Archant photo archives to bring you a series of pictures from a past point-to-point meeting.
In this case it is the Stafford Cross point-to-point from 2009 when our then photographer, Simon Horn, took in the action.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon
Have you got a sports story - or sports picture that you would like to share with us?
Send reports (keeping them to around 350 words and pictures (these please, as j-pegs to a size of at least 500kb) to firstname.lastname@example.org