Point-to-point action at Wadebridge on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
The first of three Point-to-Point horse racing fixtures to be held at the popular track located at The Royal Cornwall Showground, Wadebridge, takes place on Sunday (December 8), writes Donna Harris.
With now seven races on offer and an earlier start time of 11.30am a superb 83 entries have been received.
The opening Humfrey Small Traders-sponsored conditions races starts the day with previous course winner The Last But One entered for bloodstock trainer Tom Malone and could give young jockey Fergus Gillard a win here.
Hello George is another entry with a promising young jockey Connor Houlihan hoping he can score here for owner Nathan Vergne.
There are two divisions of the open maiden, in the first Queens Legacy for champion jockey Will Biddick could go off favourite, and Mountain Las (Sue Brown) could improve on her recent fourth at the Dunsmore meeting.
You may also want to watch:
The second division looks just as hot with Merchant House(Les Jefford) I Prefer Diamonds (Robert Chanin) and Mustmeetforapint ( Dean Summersby) are among those looking progressive on previous form.
The Summersby team have the well known 12 time winner Chosen Lucky entered, this could be a tougher task with Thomas Campbell (Ed Walker) being a previous three-time Cheltenham hurdle winner among the entries.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
Chosen Lucky also holds an entry in the men's open, along with The Last But One, Navanman and El Bandit. The intermediate race is just as hot with The Roestone, Cloudy Music, Goldbury and Bubble O'Clock entered. Finally up is the restricted race where Jill Dennis's Neetside could run well along with Thewinnertakeitall and recent Dunsmore winner Iusetoluvheronce.
This event always has a festive feel to it, with the large covered barn containing hot and cold food and refreshments, along with bar, bookies and a host of trade stands offering an ideal place for Christmas shopping.
The racing will be well supported by the top jockeys and trainers from around the country. The course offers excellent parking accessed through tarmac roads. Postcode PL27 7JE. Entrance is £10 per person with Children under 16 free. Dogs on leads welcome.
Check out website pointingdc and Facebook page for up to date information.