Point-to-point - Wadebridge set for ‘Super Sunday’
- Credit: Archant
The first of three point-to-point horse racing fixtures to be held at the Royal Cornwall Showground, Wadebridge, takes place this coming Sunday (December 9), writes Donna Harris.
The course is ideally equipped to host the event with a huge covered barn containing all on course facilities for racegoers to enjoy the atmosphere of this winter event.
Seven races, which have attracted more than 60 entries, get under way from noon.
Course specialist Sobre Tresor holds an entry in the R & J Trevarthen-sponsored Ladies Open race, and could clock up an impressive tenth win at this track for the Chloe Newman team.
The Moores of St Wenn-sponsored Men’s Open race could see entries Broadclyst and Navanman battle out the gruelling uphill finish, both having started the season off well with wins at Buckfastleigh.
You may also want to watch:
The opening Conditions race has previous course winner Mic’s Delight entered, who won at this course last season when scoring by 20 lengths, he could be up against two of the Dean Summersby inmates Chosen Lucky and Rockinrolldixie.
The Open Maiden race has already been divided, with area champion jockey Will Biddick booked to ride Rabunda and Robin Why Not, who will both figure high in the betting ring.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
Recent Buckfastleigh winner Druid Spitfire could snatch the Intermediate race, whilst the Sue Trump owned Raddon Top could give talented young jockey Bryan Carver another season winner in the closing Restricted race.
With its easy access parking, track side viewing, on course bookies, bar, hot and cold refreshments, along with a number of trade stands providing gifts for Christmas shopping, this is an event not to be missed. Entrance is £10 per person, with children under 16 free. Dogs on leads welcome. Post code PL27 7JE.
Check out the pointing.dc website and Facebook page for up to date entries and going changes.