Presentation evening at Honiton Golf Club
- Credit: Honiton Golf Club
Honiton Golf Club held its Annual presentation evening on the 13th November where, due to the pandemic, prizes from 2020 were also presented.
It all added up to a special celebratory event, with an incredible 72 trophies given out. The evening was a well organised event with Adrian Cave Master of Ceremonies, helped by all the Captains and Vice Captains.
A special mention to Cathy Pawley and Julian Phillips, who made their way to the prize table on numerous occasions. The evening was rounded off with an excellent buffet. Thank You Emma.
Mens & Ladies Stableford Golf Competition - Honiton Golf Club
This month’s Mens & Ladies stableford golf competition saw a strong turnout with over 44 players taking part. The greenkeepers had done a great job on the course, which stood up well to the recent rainfall and the standard of play was as good as it gets, with the leader position changing several times during the game.
After a superb day of golf, there could only be one winner, and Jon Marchant took first place with a great 38 points, narrowly beating Rob Hazeldine and Martin Smith, each with 36 points.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 4 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 7 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 8 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate
- 9 Devon charity offering fuel poverty advice and support this winter
- 10 Property of the Week: Dolphin Street, Colyton
The Tuesday Mixed has now moved to a morning start and, during the winter months, the competitions will be 14 holes only. This week, the format was a team stableford with any two scores to count. Taking first place with 72 points were Penny Blackburn, Caroline and Steve Bond and Harry Lawrence. In second place were Ann Trayling, Janet and David Hughes and John Craig with 68.
This week’s Saturday Circus, which had 28 players taking part, was won by Dave Carnall with an excellent 38 points, closely followed in by Mike Abraham and Mark Reed, who had 37 points each.
The Seniors Stableford Division One winner was Gil Richardson with a very impressive 40 points, winning by six points from David Rouse and Derek Keen, Div Two winner was George Smith with 39, followed in by Geoff Stone with 37 and third Stephen Blundell with 35.