Prettejohn half century as Upottery II defeat Kentisbeare II
Upottery were beaten by 102 runs in a high scoring home game with Kentisbeare.
The Mid Devon side batted first and scored an imposing 313-9. Dan Broom was the most successful home bowler with three wickets at a cost of 74 runs.
There were runs all round in the reply, but whilst most got a start, no one was able to convert that into what would have been a potential match-winning knock.
Ryan Pullman (39), Matthew Button-Stephens (34), Stuart Drew (32), Mark Joyce (31) and Andy Pullman (30), were the Upottery batters to get into the runs.
On Saturday Upottery, who sit joint second bottom of the E Division on 80 points with Yarcombe & Stockland travel to face a Babbacombe side who were beaten for only the second time this season when basement side Topsham St James beat them by one wicket.
You may also want to watch:
Upottery 2nds were indebted to a splendid unbeaten 63 from Dan Prettejohn in a 46-run win at Kentisbeare II.
Prettejohn under-pinned the home offering of 280 and then Adam Pullman claimed 3-28 and Bruce Inglis bagged a brace as the Kent’s were bowled out for 234.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 The US Open: part two
- 9 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax