Prettejohn powers Upottery II into promotion picture.
Upottery bounced back from their weather problems the week before to beat visiting Tiverton and Bickleigh by six wickets.
Gary Kennard (4-27) and Matt Frost (3-11) combined to bundle the Mid Devon side out for 107.
That proved well within reach for the home batsmen with Tom Wyatt (44) leading them to a six wicket win.
Upottery now travel to Honiton for a game they simply cannot afford to lose to keep their promotion hopes alive with two then to play.
Upottery II moved to within six points of an E Division 2nd XI promotion berth after a superb victory at table topping Exeter III.
You may also want to watch:
Skipper Dan Prettejohn was the undoubted star of the show, hitting 88 to lead his side to a thrilling two wicket win. Nigel Wyatt (4-41), Shane Kennard (3-67) and Prettejohn (2-41) were the principle wicket takers in an Exeter total of 227-9. The skipper then promoted himself from his usual number nine berth to bat at four and take charge of the run chase. Mike Arscott (36) and Mark Joyce (35) kept things ticking along and it was left to Fred Drew (18no) and Shane Kennard (3no) to see the villagers over the line.
Three to play for Prettejohn’s side, ending with a final day, potentially winner-takes-all, home game with Seaton II.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 What are you going to throw at us this year? - Furrowed Brow
Before that they host Exeter Civil Service II this weekend and then go to Kenn II.