Pullinger swims to new record time in the 50m breaststroke
- Credit: Archant
Five Chard and District Club swimmers in the age category of 15 years and over competed at the recent ASA South West Regional Youth Championships held at the 50 metre pool at Plymouth Life Centre.
Numbers of swimmers were unfortunately less than those who had qualified because of school, exam commitments.
To take part in these Championships swimmers have to achieve the required qualifying times in each event, and this enables them to compete against the top swimmers in the South West of England. Swimmers then select events to enter from those they have qualified in.
Hannah Pullinger, 19, and Tessa Down, 18, both swam in the 50 and 100m breaststroke, events, and Hannah achieved a new personal best time and set a new club record in the 50m event.
Melissa Hanson, 17, competed in 200m Individual Medley, 50 and 200m breaststroke, and 100m backstroke, Lewis Pearson, 15, competed in 50,100 and 200m freestyle, 100m butterfly 50m backstroke and achieved a new personal best time in the 50m butterfly, and 16-year-old Hope Horsfield competed in her very first Regional Championship, achieving a new personal best time in the 50m freestyle.
You may also want to watch:
During the weekend the swimmers were able to watch top swimmers from the region in action such as the Plymouth based Olympic gold medallist Ruta Meilutite in action.
The club would like to thank head coach June Turner for giving up her bank holiday weekend to support the swimmers.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
For more information about Chard and District Swimming Club visit www.chardswimming.org.uk