Pullinger swims to new record time in the 50m breaststroke
- Credit: Archant
Five Chard and District Club swimmers in the age category of 15 years and over competed at the recent ASA South West Regional Youth Championships held at the 50 metre pool at Plymouth Life Centre.
Numbers of swimmers were unfortunately less than those who had qualified because of school, exam commitments.
To take part in these Championships swimmers have to achieve the required qualifying times in each event, and this enables them to compete against the top swimmers in the South West of England. Swimmers then select events to enter from those they have qualified in.
Hannah Pullinger, 19, and Tessa Down, 18, both swam in the 50 and 100m breaststroke, events, and Hannah achieved a new personal best time and set a new club record in the 50m event.
Melissa Hanson, 17, competed in 200m Individual Medley, 50 and 200m breaststroke, and 100m backstroke, Lewis Pearson, 15, competed in 50,100 and 200m freestyle, 100m butterfly 50m backstroke and achieved a new personal best time in the 50m butterfly, and 16-year-old Hope Horsfield competed in her very first Regional Championship, achieving a new personal best time in the 50m freestyle.
You may also want to watch:
During the weekend the swimmers were able to watch top swimmers from the region in action such as the Plymouth based Olympic gold medallist Ruta Meilutite in action.
The club would like to thank head coach June Turner for giving up her bank holiday weekend to support the swimmers.
- 1 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 2 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 3 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 4 The amazing Axminster of 57 years ago
- 5 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller
- 6 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 7 Property of the Week: Tansee Hill, Thorncombe
- 8 When a waffle is good for your health
- 9 East Devon Property of the Week
- 10 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
For more information about Chard and District Swimming Club visit www.chardswimming.org.uk