Pullman fires Upottery to terrific win over visiting Honiton
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Ryan Pulman proved to be the star of the show as Upottery chalked up a second successive impressive Tolchards Devon League D Division East success, beating visiting Honiton by four wickets in a terrific game of cricket.
After losing the toss and being invited to bat, Honiton began well thanks to a solid half century from Dave Haysom (his 50 coming up in just 36 deliveries), but he was out two runs after passing the landmark.
Pete Matravers was next in – and out – departing for six – and this brought Mike Docherty to the middle, but he was soon caught for nine, and, with Ian Kelly sent back for 29, Honiton were wobbling on 123-4.
Skipper Tom Strawbridge and Adam Holmes took the innings forward with Holmes, fortunate to survive a couple of dropped catches, passing 50 before being caught behind in superb style by Upottery glovesman Michael Arscott. Strawbridge’s fine contribution was ended after he had scored 42 and Honiton closed on 239-8.
The Upottery reply was dealt a blow with the fifth ball dismissal by Phil Tansley of opener Tom Wyatt, trapped leg before without troubling the scorers.
You may also want to watch:
Rob Tasker was caught at slip off Tansley for 12 and the departures of Adam Pullman and James Mitchum were further setbacks in the Upottery run chase.
However, Adam Pullman was joined by Jack Larcombe and the pair added 130 before Larcombe was bowled by Holmes for a well-made 79. Pullman was not to be moved though and he was unbeaten on 81, finishing the game with a terrific straight drive to seal Upottery a four wicket win with 13 deliveries of the contest remaining.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
Adam Holmes returned the best of the Honiton bowling figures with 3-22 from nine overs, figures that sat nicely with his 52 with the bat earlier in the day.