Pulman stars in Upottery Reserves opening day derby draw
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Upottery Reserves drew their opening Joma Devon & Exeter League fixture at Awliscombe 0-0.
Games without goals are often labelled as ‘dull’, but this local derby was anything but.
Upottery, managed by Tim Huxley, bossed the early exchanges but were denied by a fine save from the Awls’ goalkeeper.
Early in the second half the home side were awarded a penalty and the opportunity to break the deadlock.
However, Upottery glovesman Adam Pulman, who had a fine game from first whistle to last, pulled off a superb spot kick save.
You may also want to watch:
The Awls ended the game on the front foot, but were kept at arm’s length by impressive defensive duo Adam Crabb and Matt Frost.
Both teams put plenty into an entertaining encounter and deserved something to show for their efforts.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
The Upottery Man of the Match award went to Adam Pulman.