Revenge is sweet for Seaton Town in Under-14 cup win at Colyton
Colyton 2, Seaton 4 This Under-14 local derby proved as spectacular as ever with both teams playing some great football with Seaton emerging victorious after extra-time to bag a place in the next round of the Life Members Cup, writes Andrew Franklin.
Colyton struck first, but the Seaton response was excellent. First Kyle Gould restored parity and then Ollie Binion slotted a penalty.
Colyton then dug deep and levelled to send the game into extra-time.
Seaton, keen to end a run of Colyton supremacy over them in East Devon Youth League matches, then took charge and went 3-2 up thanks to a goal from Owen Hughes.
The match sealing goal was then scored by Kyle Gould.
You may also want to watch:
The Seaton defence were outstanding- Brandon Curl, Ricky Littley and Lewis Pearson showed great communication whilst there were industrious shifts put in by midfield players Jacob Rowe and Oliver Browne. However, the Man of the Match was two-goal Gould.
This weekend the teams meet again at Colyton, this time in a league match.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 7 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief