Richards at the treble as Honiton Demons see off Tiverton Town in Under-9 game.
- Credit: Archant
Both Honiton Under-9 teams took to the pitch to take on visiting sides from Tiverton.
The Devils took on Tiverton Town first. The first half was goalless though Sam Foster was unlucky not to score several times. After the break Connor Brown broke the deadlock with a fine goal. That lifted the Devils and Brown added two more to complete a splendid hat-trick. River Leisk also got on the score sheet as the Devils chalked up a 4-0 win. The Devils then took on Moors and claimed a 2-0 success with goals from Ewan Evans and Sam Foster. Joseph Charlton was named the Devils Man of the Match.
The Demons began with a match against Moors and they started slowly and fell a goal down. That drew a good response from Demons and they levelled when Connor Richards netted at the end of a slick passing move. The visitors regained the lead, but again Richards levelled. Moors had the last work with a late winner.
Two-goal Richards was named the Demons Man of the Match.
Next up against Tiverton Town Connor Richards opened the scoring only for the visitors to hit back with two of their own. Richards netted his second to level things up and, with the final whistle looming, Richards tucked away a third from his in-swinging corner to seal a 3-2 win.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday there was more action for Demons in the Plate competition at Uffculme where they played four games, winning one, drawing one and narrowly losing the other two. Honiton Town Youth chairman Mark Fisher said: “It was a very good weekend and I wish to say a very big well done to the whole team for their efforts on what was a mostly sunny and warmer weekend than we have endured of late!”
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners