Rob Grove is new Seniors’ captain
The AGM of the Seniors' Section was held in the Clubhouse last Friday, writes Janet Dack.
This was preceded by a 15 hole Stableford for the Quarterly Cup which was won in run-away style by Dave Weston (23) with 36 points.
Second was Jack Bannister (24) on 31 points while two players returned scores of 30 points with third place on countback going to Mike Tomes (16) and Alan Vincent (18) was the unfortunate player to miss out.
After the prizes for Medals and Stablefords over the past three months had been presented, the out-going captain, Peter Knighting thanked all who had assisted him through-out his year in office before handing over to Rob Grove, the incoming captain. Several points arose for lively discussion during Any Other Business including a change to the Seniors' Open in May from a two ball better ball event to a three man team. Finally, Rob mentioned that his charity for his period in office would be Hospiscare.
?In perfect conditions, the March Medal was played. The winner of Division One was Theo Boalch (12) with a nett 69.
You may also want to watch:
Second place went to Andrew Hellier (70) with a nett 70 and in third place his father Cyril Hellier(12) with a nett 72. The Second Division winner was Stuart Dickson (26) with a nett 67, second place Peter Smith (16) with a nett 68 and taking third place Peter Petherbridge (13) with a nett 70.
?The ladies played for the March Stableford in glorious sunshine. The winner was Margaret Brown (27) and, in second place Barbara Cummings, (25), beat Janet Dack (28) on the back nine.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend