Salter knock guides Feniton to victory over Topsham St James
- Credit: Archant
Feniton were eight wicket winners of their Tier Five East East Three meeting with Topsham St James that was played at the home of Kenn CC.
After winning the toss and opting to field first, Feniton reduced the Tops to 9-3 and they then battled to 37-5 before being all out for 73 in 35.5 overs.
Feniton used eight different bowlers with the pick of the returns being 3-8 from eight overs by Jack Tucker and 3-15, also from eight overs, from Sam Vincent. Francis Perryman (2-3) and Danny Purcell (1-14) were the other successful bowlers.
Feniton then lost Purcell to a first ball duck and did also lose the wicket of Kev Brandon for four. However, Mark Kingdon then joined Mark Salter and the pair saw their side comfortably to victory with the win sealed in one ball shy of 17 overs.
Salter finished unbeaten on 53 from 64 deliveries with 11 fours while Kingdon was not out seven.
You may also want to watch:
Brian Jeary (2-18) claimed both wickets to fall.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 7 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020