Seager and Board land the Gordon Longhurst Plate at Honiton
- Credit: Archant
The most recent Honiton Mixed meeting was an invitation pairs event organised by Max Pipe, writes Liz Rogers.
A number of members from clubs in the area were invited by Honiton members to enjoy a social mixed day of golf.
The winners of the competition with 46 points, was the pairing of home member Allan Seager playing with his guest Glynda Board from Axe Cliff.
In second place was club captain Stewart Slater with his guest Jaques Wales from Looe with 43 points.
Also on 43 points (but beaten on countback) were past club captain Ron Graham and his guest Penny Weston from Looe.
You may also want to watch:
By winning the competition Allan and Glynda retained the Gordon Longhurst Plate. There were no two’s recorded and so a card draw came into play. The nearest the pin competition for the ladies was won by Gina Redman from The Warren Club and the nearest the pin for the men was landed by Honiton member Bill Eaton.
Club captain Stewart presented the prizes of Marks and Spencers vouchers. He thanked Max for organising such a successful day and Linda Northover for the beautiful flower arrangement on the prize table.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled