Seager and Seager set to contest final of the 2014 Brittany Ferries Mixed Pairs Championships
- Credit: Archant
With 36 members participating in this weeks Mixed Competition - enjoying the spells of sun and trying to dodge the showers which were very heavy when they came was a priority, writes Andy Wagner.
The format was team stableford with the two best scores to count. With a ‘run-away’ score of 96 points the winning team were Lesley Farley, Phil Wall, Catherine and Charlie Doherty.
Second place, with 88 points, was taken by the foursome of Ann Desmoulins, Bob Underwood, Jan and John Dickinson. Ann Trayling, Cyril Dann, Sally and Tom Chapman took third spot with a score of 87 points.
Earlier in the year golf clubs from four counties (Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset) were invited to hold a qualifying round for the Brittany Ferries Mixed Pairs Challenge 2014.
Each clubs top scoring pair then played in the Regional Final at Honiton Golf Club on August 11, with a day of full hospitality. Fourteen teams battled through the elements for a position to represent their county, Jackie and Allan Seager who had qualified to represent Honiton, scored 38 points in the greensomes stableford format competition and the duo will now be carrying the flag for Devon later next month with an all expenses paid trip to Northern Spain to play in the finals.
You may also want to watch:
The winning pair with the best score will become Brittany Ferries Mixed Pairs Champions 2014.
During the round Jackie Seager had a hope in one on the second hole. Using an eight iron the ball pitched on the green and took a gentle ‘stroll’ into the hole.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
Needless to say the ‘hospitality’ did not extend to the bar bill for the celebrations for Jackie’s hole in one - rather an expensive day for husband Allan! Congratulations to Jackie and Allan and all the members wish them every bit of good luck in the final.