Season finale at Seaton Bowls Club
- Credit: Seaton Bowls
The last two weeks of our competitive season at Seaton Bowls Club ended this weekend with Roger Woolland beating Pierre Anton in the Men’s Club Championship.
The Ladies Club Championship was won by Lilian Hurley-Smith who beat Pat Whitworth in the final.
The Jeremy Allison Triples Competition was won this year by Hilary Hillier, Rob Hudson and Linda Stone who in a really close game beat Peter Grigg, Liz Wilde and Angie Mayhew.
Roger Woolland was again the victor in the men’s 2 wood competition against Ken Shean. The Presidents Cup was this year, unusually, played between two ladies and Lilian Hurley-Smith won the game against Pat Whitworth.
We have also played four friendlies, one home and one away to Severalls Club in Crewkerne. Honours were even with Seaton losing the away game but winning the home game.
You may also want to watch:
We also played at Lyme Regis, winning three rinks and losing one, but winning overall. Seaton were also hosts to a touring side from Oxford. A very pleasant afternoon with six rinks in play, a cream tea served after 10 ends, and lots of time after the game to enjoy some social time.
On Saturday, Seaton ladies played against Seaton men in the Price Cup. Always a very competitive game, the ladies were hoping for a win, but lost by 1 shot, 66 to 67. There’s always next year!
- 1 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 2 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 3 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 4 Closing of the rinks at Axminster Bowls
- 5 Property of the Week: Castle Hill, Seaton
- 6 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 7 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 8 Festival fishing in Torbay and Lyme Regis
- 9 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 10 Three more businesses become plastic-free champions
This season has been different and, although shorter than we would have liked, we have enjoyed our time and look forward to next season with hope and anticipation. We welcomed many new members this year which has given us encouragement that Seaton Bowling Club will continue to flourish and be the happy, friendly club it has always been.