Season starts at Court Lane, Seaton
- Credit: Archant
The first league match took place last week on our newly resurfaced courts.
Seaton Mixed B team took on Lympstone and came out 7-2 winners.
Captain Teresa Hancock decided to test how well you bounced on the court surface by taking a big tumble, grazing both knees!
However, her partner Peter Moroz, after laughing and picking her up, kept the pairing focused to go on and win both of their matches 6-1, 6-1 and 6-4 6-1.
Second pairing Jo Little and Geoff Copp won their first match 6-1, 6-1 and lost out on a deciding tie break in their second match 6-3, 3-6, 3-10.
You may also want to watch:
Soon after, the Mixed C team played away at Newton St Cyres, achieving a 6-6 draw.
The team said it was a really good match played at a great venue with lovely food.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
All of the matches went to championship tie-breaks. Jonathan Sing and Nikki Oswald unfortunately lost both of theirs (2-6 6-4 0-1 & 6-4 4-6 0-1) but Steve Morton and Teri Murphy fared better winning both of their tie-breaks (3-6 7-6 1-0 & 6-2 2-6 1-0). A solid start to life in Division Four for the newly–promoted Mixed C team!
The spring coaching programme started after the Easter holidays with the return of the adult beginners’ session combining coaching with cardio tennis on Saturday mornings from 11.30am to 12.30pm and a beginners/returners session on Tuesday evenings from 6.30pm to 7.30pm.
Adult pay-and-play sessions continue for beginners to intermediates on Tuesdays from 11am to 1pm and intermediates and above on Fridays from 1pm to 3pm.
Junior coaching starts from three years old with toddler and parent classes and runs on Saturday mornings and Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday evenings.
The club will be open to visitors as part of the LTA’s Great British Tennis Weekend on Saturday, May 14, from 10am to 4pm.
Members and visitors alike can enjoy free coaching, cardio tennis and open play.
Visit the ClubSpark website https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/ for more information or to book an activity.
To enquire about coaching or to book a place, contact Jason Martin on 07931 743168 or email email@example.com
For information about Seaton Tennis Club, visit our website www.seatontennis.net or contact membership secretary, Jeremy Warner on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07973 506312.