Seaton 2nds find Mudd is mighty
- Credit: Archant
Seaton II were seven wicket winners when they visited Halberton and Sampford Peverell for a D Division East match.
The Mid Devon side batted first and were bowled out for 146.
The bowling honours were led by 15-year-old Sam Goodier who claimed two for 15 from nine excellent overs, two of which were maidens.
Toby Tucket took three wickets for 14 runs in six over and Ben Goodier had identical figures, in his case from five overs.
James Thomas was the other wicket taker, bagging a brace for 32 runs.
You may also want to watch:
The successful run chase was led by Will Mudd. He joined the club at the start of the season and batted superbly to carry his piece of willow through to the close with an unbeaten 79. Dale Turner was the other not out batsman at stumps with 46 to his name as Seaton won in real comfort.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax