Seaton A bag single shot win in thrilling Over-60s match with Honiton B
- Credit: Archant
Last Wednesday Seaton A played out a thrilling nail-biting contest in an Over-60s Triples League meeting with Honiton B, writes Linda Stone.
With the scores level at 32 shots each and Honiton holding shot on the last end, Les Tooze, with the final wood of the match, drew the shot to maintain Seaton’s unbeaten record and secure a single shot success.
The Seaton top triple was Ron Rowley, Roy Carnell and Les Tooze.
The Ladies played the first round of the Interclub Competition. They won on both rinks against Paignton-Torbay and will now play Holsworthy in the next round.
On Friday evening the quarterfinals of the Men’s Grater Pairs took place.
You may also want to watch:
Two Seaton pairs won through to the semi-finals; Roger Woolland and Lez Tooze and Terry Hurley-Smith and Norman Stone.
The week ended with a friendly match against Hanborough Touring side that Seaton lose 108-101.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
The top home rink was Norman Stone, Sylvie Warrick, Terry Hurley-Smith and Barbara Thompson.