Seaton A bag single shot win in thrilling Over-60s match with Honiton B
- Credit: Archant
Last Wednesday Seaton A played out a thrilling nail-biting contest in an Over-60s Triples League meeting with Honiton B, writes Linda Stone.
With the scores level at 32 shots each and Honiton holding shot on the last end, Les Tooze, with the final wood of the match, drew the shot to maintain Seaton’s unbeaten record and secure a single shot success.
The Seaton top triple was Ron Rowley, Roy Carnell and Les Tooze.
The Ladies played the first round of the Interclub Competition. They won on both rinks against Paignton-Torbay and will now play Holsworthy in the next round.
On Friday evening the quarterfinals of the Men’s Grater Pairs took place.
You may also want to watch:
Two Seaton pairs won through to the semi-finals; Roger Woolland and Lez Tooze and Terry Hurley-Smith and Norman Stone.
The week ended with a friendly match against Hanborough Touring side that Seaton lose 108-101.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 3 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 4 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 5 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 6 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 7 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 8 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon
- 9 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 10 Jack's back with a fresh emphasis on community
The top home rink was Norman Stone, Sylvie Warrick, Terry Hurley-Smith and Barbara Thompson.