Seaton A hit top spot in the Exeter and District Over-60s Triples League
- Credit: Archant
The Seaton bowls week began with a ladies Over-50s league game at Morchard Bishop, writes Linda Stone.
On a lovely warm afternoon Seaton took five of the six points, losing two shots on one rink on the last end to settle for a 22-all draw whilst the triple of Angie Mayhew, Linda Stone and Joan Miles won 27-9.
In a Division 4 fixture in the Exeter & District Over-60s Triples League, Seaton A extended their unbeaten run to seven matches when they beat Topsham C by 13 shots (46-33) at Topsham in a midweek engagement. That result took Seaton to the top of the divisions.
The top triple was Ron Rowley, Keith Miles and Les Tooze.
Last Friday Sidmouth sent a mixed team to Seaton to play a friendly that the hosts won by six shots at 71-65.
You may also want to watch:
The top home rink was Jill Richards, John Bellamy, Marian Vessey and Jeremy Allison.
On Saturday a two Counties game was played against Cullompton and it produced an overall win for Seaton.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
The top rink proved to be Angie Mayhew, Norman Stone, Sue Rutter and Les Tooze, who claimed a 28-12 success.