Seaton A suffer rare defeat in Triples League match
- Credit: Archant
The Seaton week began well with victory over Culm Vale, writes Linda Stone.
The friendly fixture was won 82-57 with the top rink being the one Ian Manchester, Dennis Ridd, Mike Clarke and Angie Mayhew, winning 25-10.
This was followed by the Ladies Over-50s Blue team winning their Tuesday meeting with Pinces Gardens by 38 shots to 27.Top triple was Lilian Hurley-Smith, Linda Stone and Barbara Slumen.
Wednesday saw the Over-60s men’s teams in action.
The A team played Topsham A away and suffered their first defeat for a long while when beaten 37-27.
You may also want to watch:
However, the B team, despite losing narrowly on one rink, banked six points from a 45-25 win at home against Exonia B. Here the top rink was the one of Mike Clarke, Richard Whitworth and Jeremy Allison (31-7).
The final game of the week was another friendly game against Bridport.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
Although rain threatened early in the match the sun finally came out and the game was completed with Seaton losing by 76 shots to 68. The top Seaton rink was the one of Ian Manchester, Linda Stone, John Vieth and Pat Whitworth, winning 21 shots to 17.