Seaton bowl to victory against Topsham
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Bowling Club has been a hive of activity all week, writes Linda Stone.
Countless internal matches have been played, fitted in between over sixties men’s matches and ladies Over 50’s triples leagues, also friendly matches against Chardstock, Topsham, Bridport and a touring side from Leamington Spa.
Topsham were the Tuesday visitors’ for a friendly match comprising of four mixed rinks.
Seaton emerged victorious to the tune of a 73-64 score line. The top rink was Alice Carter, Peter Greenwood and Richard Whitworth.
The ladies Blue triples team travelled to Shaldon on Friday to play a league match winning on one rink and also winning overall to take four of the available six points.
You may also want to watch:
The top triple in this meeting was the one of Angie Mayhew, Lilian Hurley-Smith and skip Joan Miles.
On Saturday a four mixed rink team travelled to Bridport for a friendly game and once again the Seaton bowlers were in good form as they won 84 shots to 74 with the top rink being the one of Peter Grigg, Hazel Smith, Lin Allison and Richard Whitworth.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
The final game of the week was against the touring team from Leamington Spa. Seaton won 91 shots to 75 with the top rink of Norman Stone, Ted Talbot, Sue B-Moore and skip Phil Critchard being present with small plaques by the Leamington Spa captain.