Seaton bowl to victory over Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Seaton’s bowlers were in good form when they entertained Axminster on their Jubilee Gardens green, writes Alan Nicholas.
The four rink match resulted in a home win for Seaton by three rinks to one and with an overall shot score of 82 to 62.
The top Seaton rink was the one comprising Carol Armitage, Ted Talbot, Graham Thomas and Marian Vessey.
A further friendly was played on Sunday, also at home, against Charmouth, in the form of a three triples match.
Once again the result went Seaton’s way to the tune of a 2-1 score with the top home triple the one of Sam Fox, Peter Barradell and Lin Alison.
You may also want to watch:
On Tuesday the club held another successful coffee morning in the clubhouse, but inclement weather meant the planned coaching session for new novice members had to be cancelled.
However, on Tuesday afternoon, Seaton Ladies Over-50s Triples League Blue team took on Budleigh at home.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
A strong Seaton team claimed the match by two triples to nil, with the top triple being; Barbara Sluman, Lilian Hurley-Smith and Di Morley.
On Wednesday, Seaton men’s Over-60s Triples League A team played, at home, against Exonia A, but were sadly overpowered with Exonia taking both triples. Meanwhile, the C team played away against Ottery C, winning both triples. The top triple being - Reg Pluck, Peter Grigg and Dennis Ridd with a score of 35 shots against 9.
Finally , in a busy week, Thursday saw the Top Club 2nd round match, at home, against Honiton with Seaton winning three of the five disciplines which means Seaton progress to the third round.