Seaton bowlers have a busy Monday!
- Credit: Archant
Seaton bowlers had a busy Monday of action with no fewer than three matches played on the day, writes Alan Nicholas.
First up, an East of Exe Mixed League match against Tiverton Borough staged on the Seafield Gardens green.
Seaton won all four rinks – though one rink had to be conceded by the Mid Devon side owing to travel problems!
The overall shots score ended with Seaton having 91 to the visitors 28 and the top Seaton rink was the one of Lilian Hurley-Smith, Sue Banwell-Moore, Dave Yardley and Phil Crichard.
On the same day a friendly match was played away at Topsham where Seaton won the rinks by three to one and overall they were 62-49 winners.
You may also want to watch:
In this match the top Seaton rink was the one of Hilary Sunderland, Colin Lynch, Peter Grigg and Roger Woolland.
The third match was a men’s Over-60s Triples League game that saw Seaton C share the two rinks with Hemyock, but win overall by 35 shots to 33.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
The top Seaton rink was the one of Ted Talbot, Ray Thompson and John Bellamy, who won 28-17.
Seaton ladies were in Over-50s Triples League action with the Blue team entertaining Honiton. It was not a good day for the home bowlers as both triples were edged out by a margin of just three shots, leaving Honiton overall 31-25 winners.