Seaton bowlers launch a new outdoor season
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Bowling Club members came together on Sunday to open the summer season, writes Linda Stone.
Gaynor Sedgwick, the mayor of Seaton, unveiled the club’s newly renovated emblem.
Club member Alan Nicholas had spent many long hours researching and refurbishing the emblem throughout the winter.
Following the unveiling the mayor delivered the traditional silver jack and president Angie Mayhew sent down the first bowls to open the proceeding.
Forty-two members took part in an opening game.
You may also want to watch:
We were fortunate to have a glorious April afternoon and a great time was had by all.
The winning team was Joan Miles (skip), Richard Whitworth, Geoff Fullalove and Margaret Nicholas.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery