Seaton bowlers make Grace Matthews Top Club progress with win over Madeira
- Credit: Archant
In the Grace Matthews Top Club, Seaton came out on top with by four disciplines to one away at Madeira, writes Glyn Elliott.
The team were undoubtedly inspired by a very determined performance by Angie Mayhew in the two-wood singles, a contest she won 16-8.
Meanwhile, in the men's triples league, the C team once again gain banked maximum points with a 43-23 win at home to Uffculme.
In this match the top rink was the one of P Newton, R Puck, and Marvellous Malcolm!
The B team, who were also in home action, lost to Budleigh by a margin of just six shots. In this meeting the too rink was the one of D Yardley, B Scull and N Stone.
You may also want to watch:
The A team were in away action and they returned from a visit to Uffculme with all the points following a 30-25 success. In Mid Devon, the top rink was the one of A Wood, P Barradell and T Hurley-Smith.
There was action last week also for the ladies with Seaton Blue 54-24 home winners over Honiton with the top Seaton rink the one of C Barradell, L Stone, and Dynamic Di Morley.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
The first friendly defeat of the season befell the team on their visit to Topsham where the match was played out on what was a magnificent green. It was also a contest played in a very sociable spirit. As for the bowls, Seaton lost on two rinks, won on one and drew on the other with the match honours ended 79-70 in favour of the home side. The top Seaton rink was the one of C Anton, R Hudson, E Keller and L Tooze.