Seaton bowlers net win at Topsham
In the Over-60s Triples League, Seaton A completed their away fixtures with a resounding win over Feniton A by 29 shots (48 -19), writes Linda Stone.
The top triple was that of David Ford, Roy Carnell and Roger Woolland who won by a massive 27 shots.
On Wednesday, the Over-60s B team lost away to Starcross B, but gained a two point rink win from Richard Whitworth, Don Yaxley and Dave Yardley. On Friday they travelled to Tiverton Borough for a re-arranged match and won with the maximum eight points - Jeremy Allison converting two down to three up with his last wood.
Meanwhile, the Over -60s C team Seaton banked eight points with a score of 44 to 27 with the top triple proving to be the one of P Grigg, G Thomas and G Mabon.
The ladies played two Over-50s games this week, both at home. The first, last Tuesday, was against Morchard Bishop Red. Seaton won 31 to 18 with the top triple being M Johnson, P Whitworth and J Miles.
You may also want to watch:
Next up was a visit from Crediton Yellow on Friday and they were beaten 47-24 with the top triple being the one of A Joyner, L H-Smith and Angie Mayhew.
There were two friendlies played last week.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
The first saw a team travel to Topsham were Seaton won 85 to 67 with the top rink being A White, K Miles, R Pluck and P Greenwood.
Last Friday a team travelled to Heavitree where they lost on all rinks and overall by 84 shots to 54.
The best performing Seaton rink was that of P Grigg, E Trayling, R Grigg, and L Tooze who went in to the last end with a one shot lead.
However, the opposing skip managed to move the jack to take a one shot victory. It was a lovely afternoon with a friendly crowd. Three novices played their first competitive game.