Seaton bowlers see off Pinces A in Over-60s League meeting
- Credit: Archant
Seaton men’s A team travelled to Belmont A for their latest Exeter and District Over-60s Triples League match, writes Alan Nicholas.
It was a close encounter that ended all square with draws on both rinks.
The best performing Seaton triple was the one of Peter Newton, Ron Rowley and Les Tooze.
The A team played again at Exeter where they took on Pinces A. Yet again the two triples were shared, but Seaton took the match on total shots scored to the tune of a 41-29 success. The top Seaton triple, winning 30-14, comprised Don Yaxley,Ken Shean and Roger Woolland.
The B team were in action at home to Heavitree in a contest that saw the two triples shared. Seaton won the match on shots scored and the best of the rinks was the one of Ed Backhouse, Bob Scull and Dave Yardley.
You may also want to watch:
Seaton ladies Over-50s Triples League Red team played at home against Madeira, when each team won one triple.
Total shots scored went to Seaton with 33 against 23. The top Seaton triple was the one of Ann Joyner, Chris Barradell and Lin Allison, who won 23-9.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon