Seaton bowlers suffer County Trophy quarter-final defeat
- Credit: Archant
Seaton were in County Trophy action with a quarter-final tie at Babbacombe where Torquay Country Club provided the opposition.
The four rinks were shared, but it was Torquay who took the semi-final berth, winning by a margin of 10 shots.
The top Seaton rink was the one of Ed Backhouse, Dennis Ridd, Terry Hurley-Smith and Phil Crichard.
Seaton were edged out in their annual meeting with Bradninch.
The Mid Devon side took the honours on three of the four rinks and won the match by 80 shots to 73.
You may also want to watch:
The top Seaton rink was the one of Liz Wilde, Alan Nicholas and Graham Thomas.
A friendly against Sidmouth was contested over four rinks and both teams won a pair of rinks, but Seaton took the overall honours with a 65-59 score line.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Both Seaton’s winning rinks won by seven shots - Reg Pluck, Peter Greenwood, John Vieth and Terry Hurley-Smith, winning by 20 shots to 13; and Lilian Hurley-Smith, Peter Jones, Dennis Ridd and Don Yaxley, winning 19 shots against 12.