Seaton bowlers win well at Cullompton.
- Credit: Archant
Seaton’s Two Counties League team gained a superb success on a visit to Cullompton, writes Maria Johnson.
On a sizzling hot afternoon Seaton emerged emphatic 114-44 winners with the top rink being A Joyner, P Grigg, T Hurley-Smith and R Woodland.
It proved to be a busy past week for the club’s Over-60s teams with two eight point wins recorded.
The B team were 39-24 home victors over Budleigh with the top rink being the one of N Stone, D Hislop and J Allison.
The B team then won at Exonia B where the top scorers were; R Whitworth, B Scull and D Yardley. However, those successes were followed by a disappointing home defeat to Dunkeswell. In the match with the Dunks the lone success, that saw two points banked, came from; E Backhouse, B Scull and J Allison.
You may also want to watch:
The Over-60s C were beaten 45-40 by Pinces Gardens and, in this match, the top Seaton rink comprised of R White, G Thomas and R Pluck.
The A team maintained their position at the top of Division Two with as 42-28 victory over Madeira B. All eight points were secured and the top rink was the one of D Yaxley, K Shean and R Woolland.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
Meanehile, the ladies Over-50s Triples League Red team enjoyed a resounding 39-20 victory over Exonia.
The weather proved excellent for the annual playing of the Price Cup, a competition contested by the club men and the club ladies.
This year the cup was won by the men thanks to a 102-80 score line.
The overall top rink, winning very convincingly, was skipped by Linda Stone and included Ann Joyner, Iris Bard and Sue Banwell-Moore.
The top men’s rink played against the club captain’s rink and comprised of Norman Stone, David Millard, David Ford and skip Terry Hurley-Smith.
The ladies lost on three rinks, drew on one and won on one. Better luck next year ladies.