Seaton Bowling Club have week of missed fortunes
- Credit: Archant
Seaton men’s A team, playing in the Over-60s Triples League, claimed maximum points when they met Hemyock, writes Linda Stone.
A 53-24 success meant all eight points banked by Seaton. The top triple was the one of David Ford, Roy Carnell and Roger Woolland, who won 28 shots to 10.
The ladies Over-50s Triples League red team also played when they travelled to Belmont in Exeter, from where they returned in high spirits having won their first match in the league this season!
They won on both rinks, winning overall by 41 shots to 20. The top triple was the one comprising Liz Wilde, Ann Joyner and Mavis Swallow.
Feniton came to Seaton for a Friday friendly. On an afternoon, that started out quite chilly and then after tea brightened up considerably, the game was played in the true spirit of bowls. Everyone clearly enjoying what was a very good afternoon. Seaton won overall 75 shots to 58 and the top rink was Audrey White, Sylvie Warwick, Peter Grigg and Ken Shean, winning by 22 shots to 11.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday evening and Saturday morning the club held open green sessions for anyone to come along and try bowls.
These were well attended and several attendees have decided to sign up for the coaching sessions held each Monday morning from 10.30 or Saturday morning also from 10.30.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
If you missed the open sessions and would like to come along and try the game for yourself either come along to the club or phone David Ford on 01297 22349.
On Saturday afternoon there was another friendly match, this time against Madeira Bowling Club from Exmouth and Seaton were beaten 100-83.
The top Seaton rink comprised Ann Joyner, Ted Talbot, Reg Pluck and Dave Yardley.