Seaton C continue their dominance in the Over-60s League
- Credit: Archant
There was more success last week for Seaton C in their Exeter and District Over-60s League campaign, writes Glen Elliott.
The team won a 10th successive match and banked another 'maximum' haul of eight points with victory over visiting Broadclyst.
The top rink was the one of Glen Elliott, 'Dynamic' Dennis Ridd and Adrian Deakin racked up a massive 41-9 score line while the rink of Peter, Malcolm and Ken came back from 12-3 down to win 18-13, thus preserving the teams proud season-long record of not losing any rinks.
The C team remain top of their table and there was a fine 40-31 home win for Seaton A in their meeting with Ottery St Mary.
The rink honours went to Roger Wolland, Ron Rowley and Les Tooze. Unfortunately, the 'B' team lost their tough away game at Madeira.
You may also want to watch:
In the County Trophy, Seaton men ground out a fiercely fought 84-76 win at home to Ottery St Mary, winning on 3 rinks.
The top rink was the one of Ed Backhouse, Glen Elliott, Ron Rowley and Phil Critchard.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
The ladies triples Blue team had a storming 47-17 win away against second in the table Sidmouth. The top rink comprised; Esdre Keller, Linda Stone and Di Morley.
In the Grace Matthews ladies Top Club competition, away at Madiera, Seaton won four of the five disciplines to progress to the next round.
There was a shot difference of eight in the two friendlies played last week. First up, a visit to Exonia saw the team go down by eight shots in a four rink contest.
Seaton's lone winning rink was the one of Christine Anton, Ian Manchester, Malcolm Carvell and Peter Grigg.
The team then travelled to Mid Devon to meet Tiverton Park where they shared the four rinks 2-2, but won overall by eight shots in a match played in a good light-hearted spiri.
The Seaton rink honours went to Hilary Sunderland, Lisa Tyne, Matt Tyne and Maria Johnson.
Last, but certainly not least for this latest report, there's yet another Seaton county success story to report. Warmest congratulations go to Sue Banwell-Moore, Kevin McCartney and Dave Yardley who have reached the final of the county mixed triples competition.