Seaton Captain’s Day tournament joy for trio
- Credit: Archant
After the excitement of the Club Finals, Seaton’s bowlers played their final friendly match of the season, writes Alan Nicholas.
The fixture was a home one against cross-county border rivals Lyme Regis.
As is always the case in this fixture, this one was competitive with each team winning two rinks, but the home team took the match on total shots scored of 66 for Seaton and 61 for Lyme. Top rink for Seaton was, Barbara Sluman, Sam Fox, Graham Thomas and Marian Vessey.
Saturday (September 16) saw the final day of the Seaton outdoor season and the closing event was the Captain’s Day tournament.
This was a mix of rinks and triples, in order to get a fair mix for all available members. Fourteen ends were played on seven rinks, thus 14 individual teams of three or four players with each team having a total of eight woods.
You may also want to watch:
The Captain’s Prize went to the team with the best shot difference. Before the winners were announced the captain, Graham Thomas, provided all players, plus invited guests, with an excellent buffet, and drinks, to thank all members for a highly successful season of bowling.
The captain then gave his closing address to all gathered, opening this with his thanks for the support given him throughout his year in office, and also congratulating all the members of the teams who performed so well in the club, county and national tournaments. He closed with the announcement of the winners of the day’s match, who were, Norman Stone, Lilian Hurley-Smith and Dave Yardley.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Riding through the lockdown restrictions