Seaton CC plan ahead
Seaton CC chairman Chris Gamwell has held a series of meetings with players and officials to discuss aims and ambitions for the 2010 season.
Seaton CC chairman Chris Gamwell has held a series of meetings with players and officials to discuss the aims and ambitions the club should have for the 2010 season.
"Like most clubs, we have had our trials and tribulations during the past season and disappointment with on-field results causes frustration.
"That said, the Colts' section is thriving and we shall be entering four teams in the East Devon Youth League next season.
"Five youth players have graduated to district teams ,something which has not happened for a number of years. Off the field we have returned to profit after a difficult year in 2008.
You may also want to watch:
"The first team have been voted Team of the Year by the umpires in the C division, which shows that we have played the game in the right spirit."
Mike Wheeler has been re-appointed 1st Xl captain with his father, John, taking charge of the 2nd team.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
"Team selection could be interesting," joked Mike Wheeler, who added: "I just hope that our players make themselves regularly available and practise properly."
Seaton have a full programme of midweek and Sunday fixtures.
The club is looking for new players and help off the field from volunteers to scorers and umpire. Anyone interested can obtain more information from Peter Anderson (01297) 23507.