Seaton Chess Club land big win over Exeter
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Chess Club were big winners when they met Exeter in the East Devon Chess Rapid League.
Seaton finished with six-and-a-half points to the one-and-a-half recorded by Exeter
Paul Hampton, a former Scottish international player, now living in East Devon, was amongst the winners and others to contribute to the Seaton cause were Steve Dean, Charlie Keen and Hazel Welch.
The win lifts Seaton to top spot in the league.
Rapid play is the faster version of chess where each player must complete all their moves in less than 30 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Seaton Chess Club is based at Seaton Town Hall where they meet each Wednesday evening from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre