Seaton enjoy East of Exe League success over Feniton
- Credit: Archant
The Seaton bowling week began with an East of Exe Mixed League match, at home to Feniton, writes Alan Nicholas.
Seaton won on three rinks and drew on one – that a rink where they made up three shots on the last end, and it all helped towards an overall 70-52 score.
The top Seaton rink was the one of Ruby Grigg, Kevin McCarthy, Peter Barradell and Roger Woolland, 23-9.
Tuesday took the ladies’ Over-50s Red team to Shaldon where they found one of the home triples to be in terrific form, dishing out a 32-5 rink defeat!
Thankfully, Seaton’s other triple of Liz Wilde, Chris Barradell and Sue Dando won their match 23-13, which left the final score one of 45-28 to the home side.
You may also want to watch:
Wednesday saw two Over-60s Triples League matches. The A team hosted Tiverton West End A and with the rinks being shared, but Seaton took the match 31-25 and the top home triple was that of Roy Carnell, Don Yaxley and Roger Woolland, 18-10.
The B team also shared rinks in their game at North Tawton C, but again, they took the overall honours, winning 46-32.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 4 Have your say on future development of village
- 5 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 6 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 7 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
In this match, the top Seaton triple was the one of Mike Clarke, Peter Grigg and Richard Whitworth, with a fine score of 28-6.
Wednesday also saw the ladies’ Over-50s Triples League Blue team in action at Sidmouth Blue, where the home team were dominant, winning both triples and taking the match honours 41-24.
Thursday saw a home friendly match of four triples against Severalls of Crewkerne.
The visitors won 3-1 on the rink scores and took the match honours 64-46. The winning Seaton triple was the one of Mike Clarke, Barbara Sluman and Don Yaxley.
On Friday, a re-arranged ladies’ Over-50s Triples League match was played away, against Crediton Yellow. The triples were shared and the visitors took the honours 34-31 with the top Seaton triple the one of Barbara Sluman, Pat Whitworth and Marian Vessey.
On Sunday, Bournemouth Pelhams were the visitors to Seaton for a friendly contest that was a close encounter, with both clubs bagging success on three of the six rinks played. However, the match honours went to Seaton, who won 114-96. The top home rink being the one of David Ford, Lisa Tyne, Ruby Grigg and Marian Vessey.