Seaton four win Perham trophy on home soil
The week began with rain on Monday resulting in ladies Over-50s match being cancelled, writes Linda Stone.
On Tuesday the sun shone for the ladies Perham Trophy competition.
Six rinks of players came from six different clubs to try to beat six rinks of Seaton ladies.
On a lovely summers afternoon Seaton were victorious.
The winning rink comprised; Sheila Pike, Ruby Grigg, Linda Stone and Sue Rutter.
You may also want to watch:
On Wednesday the return match against Topsham took place. It was again a nail biting game resulting in a draw on one rink and a win for Seaton (Maria Johnson, Pat Whitworth and Angie Mayhew) by one shot, on the other. This meant Seaton gained five of the six points.
The men’s Over-60s B team also played on Wednesday at Madeira where they won 32-26 and now sit second in their division. The top triple was Ed Backhouse, Bob Scull and Dave Yardley.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 5 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers
The week ended with two friendly matches.
The first was at Chard where Seaton won 75-42. The top triple was Julia Collins, John Bellamy and George Mabon.
Finally on Friday Seaton travelled to Madeira where they lost overall 76-58. The top Seaton rink was John Packham, Ruby Grigg, Linda Stone and George Mabon.