Seaton four win Perham trophy on home soil
The week began with rain on Monday resulting in ladies Over-50s match being cancelled, writes Linda Stone.
On Tuesday the sun shone for the ladies Perham Trophy competition.
Six rinks of players came from six different clubs to try to beat six rinks of Seaton ladies.
On a lovely summers afternoon Seaton were victorious.
The winning rink comprised; Sheila Pike, Ruby Grigg, Linda Stone and Sue Rutter.
You may also want to watch:
On Wednesday the return match against Topsham took place. It was again a nail biting game resulting in a draw on one rink and a win for Seaton (Maria Johnson, Pat Whitworth and Angie Mayhew) by one shot, on the other. This meant Seaton gained five of the six points.
The men’s Over-60s B team also played on Wednesday at Madeira where they won 32-26 and now sit second in their division. The top triple was Ed Backhouse, Bob Scull and Dave Yardley.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
The week ended with two friendly matches.
The first was at Chard where Seaton won 75-42. The top triple was Julia Collins, John Bellamy and George Mabon.
Finally on Friday Seaton travelled to Madeira where they lost overall 76-58. The top Seaton rink was John Packham, Ruby Grigg, Linda Stone and George Mabon.