Seaton girls’ win the Devon Under-16 Cup
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Under-16 girls lifted the Devon Cup with a single goal success over Ottery St Mary.
In closely contested final the only goal came from a sweetly-struck 25-yard free-kick from skipper Millie Pearce.
On a small pitch marked out at the Coach Road home of the Devon Football Association the match was played as a nine-versus-nine contest.
Both teams looked to attack at every opportunity. However, as promising as the Ottery raids were they were always kept in check by a disciplined and determined Seaton defence.
There were three further excellent chances for Seaton to add to their score with Ella Magrane twice going close and Grace Perkins saw a fierce shot fly just over the target.
You may also want to watch:
The Player of the Match award went to Seaton’s Fenella Clode who was outstanding throughout.
Winning the cup was quite an achievement given that the team was only formed two years ago!
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
Seaton team: Lamprill, Clode, Smith, James, Griffiths, Cottam, Perkins, Hughes, Pearce, Burridge, Hodge, Tait, Magrane, Jackson.